Simply put, Search Engine Optimisation, also known by the acronym SEO is the art/science/discipline of making your website “Search Engine Friendly”.
But how relevant is SEO in these days of Social Media?
- 83% of web users start with a search engine
- 100Bn searches are carried out each, and every, month
- 50% of searchers NEVER go past the first page of results
- Only 10% make it to Page 3 and beyond
- 95% of UK searches use Google
How SEO Works
It sounds easy, it’s not rocket science but it does require research, patience and persistence.
It starts with understanding the words and phrases that your customers are likely to use when they are looking for the services you provide or the products you sell
These words/phrases need to be integrated in to your website in the places the search engines like to look
The rest of your site needs to use these words and phrases, synonyms, well names images, Alt Text etc.
See my Glossary of SEO terms if you are struggling
It all takes time, both to research and implement and for Google and the other search engines to take notice. Anything up to 6 months for a new project, and that’s just the start.
I provide SEO services for Swindon, Wiltshire and across the South-West. However, I’m not limited by geography and have worked with businesses across the country.
SEO starts from £150.00 per month, depending on the nature of the project so, if you would like to see your business rank higher in the search engines read on.
- What is a Search Engine?
- What is Search Engine Marketing?
- What is Search Engine Optimisation?
- Why SEO is is so important
- What is “On Page” SEO
- The importance of Back-Links
- What else counts for SEO?
- Google Ads, AKA PPC & Pay per Click
However, it’s probably a lot easier to just get in touch with your questions and we can take things from there.